Being unemployed has its advantages when you own a large book collection and could never find the time to read it when your life actually had meaning and direction. So, my 700-plus collection of fiction, memoirs, tomes and reference books is actually getting shuffled around during my marathon reading sessions. Here's what I've been reading, in no particular order:
Jean Rhys: After Leaving Mr. Mackenzie, Quartet, Voyage in the Dark and Sleep It Off, Lady
Graham Greene: The End of the Affair, England Made Me, The Third Man, The Fallen Idol
John Irvine: A Prayer for Owen Meany
Nino Ricci: The Lives of Saints
Mitch Albom: The Five People You Meet in Heaven
Gustave Flaubert : Madame Bovary
Rohinton Mistry : A Fine Balance
Irvine Welsh: Trainspotting
John Wyndham: The Chrysalids
J.M. Coetzee: Waiting for the Barbarians
Jonathan Bennett: Verandah People
Jonathan Ames: What's Not to Love?
Ernest Hemingway: For Whom the Bell Tolls
I think I need to start sleeping.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment